Monday 25 October 2010

CV







Hollie Williams 
22, Victoria Road, Bulwark, Chepstow, NP16 5QN
D.O.B- 26/08/1992
Profile:
A responsible young adult, with excellent communication skills. Capable of working on her own initiative, but equally efficient with team situations and activities. A quick and responsive learner, capable to research and learn of her own initiative. 
Enthusiastic and committed, can demonstrate excellent self and and time management abilities and thrives on new challenges and opportunities. 
Personal Skills: 
  • Excellent communication skills at all levels
  • Ability to deliver presentations/lead discussions
  • Computer and IT literate
  • Time Management skills
  • Determination and Focus
Employment history:
 I have been included in many television productions, these include Casualty, Pobol y Cwm and Gavin and Stacey for the BBC. These achievements are something I am very proud of as they enabled me to interact with different people and because of the very strict time schedule involved with television productions I am confident that my time keeping skills are accurate and I can work with a team to achieve these goals.
    I have recently finished 6 weeks work filming the television series ‘The adventures of Sarah Jane’. Within this placement I believe I have gained an insight into the working life of the media, and gained important skills such as, working within a team. Currently I have become involved with a small comedy series called ‘Whites’ starring ‘Stephen Fry’, this can be viewed on BBC 2 on week nights. I enjoyed this time immensely and am anxious to pursue a career within this industry.
  I also worked at a ‘Home base’ a D.I.Y store for a short period of time before completing my A Level’s, this job helped to develop my people skills. I also feel, working in a shop, helped my development my technical ability, for example using tills. 
I’m currently working for Caldicot Castle and Cardiff castle as a Medieval ‘sing server’ at banquets. This involves serving traditional Medieval meals to guest, and singing Medieval songs during courses. 
Below is a picture of myself (to the left) serving in a traditional welsh ladies costume, working at Cardiff Castle, serving guests ‘mead’ (a medieval liquor) on arrival to banquets. 





Qualifications/ education/ course training:

Current academic study: UWIC (University of Wales institute Cardiff) studying Media Studies and Visual Cultures on the Llandaff campus. 
Attended Chepstow Comprehensive School 2003-2010
The Dell Primary School: 1995-2003
GCSE achievements: 
Maths - A
English- B:  lit - C  Writing - B
Science A: Chemistry- B, Biology- A, Physics - A 
I.T - A
Welsh - B
History - C
Drama - B
A Level’s in Media Studies, Welsh Second Language and Drama
Grade 2 Clarinet, English College of Music
Grade 3 Piano, English College of Music
National Diploma in Law
Full clean UK driving license
Hobbies/ interests:
My interests include Karate, I am currently a Brown Belt, studying towards my Black belt. I enjoy karate, as its a good way to keep fit, and also a good way to protect yourself. I enjoy Clarinet and Piano where I have achieved Grade 2 and 3 respectively. I’m also keen to pursue outdoor activities, I have a canoe and Jet Ski, which I enjoy greatly. I feel being outdoor’s helps to improve health, and canoeing is a great way to exercise. I’m a very friendly person, who enjoy’s spending time with my family and close friends, participating in hobbies and interests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment